Adults Social Care Social Worker (Rolling Job Advert)
This is an example of a role we are looking to recruit to across Adults services and not a particular role in a specific service.
You will hold a recognised Social Worker qualification and be registered with Social Work England, need an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and have the right to work in the UK.
Benefits and more information:
For more information about social worker visit https://www.southwarkadultsocialcarejobs.co.uk/career-pathway/social-worker/
The Social Worker role
We are looking for experienced Social Workers who have a passion to promote the independence, choice and wellbeing of our citizens and their families.
Being part of Southwark’s Adult Social Care division means joining a dynamic, creative and supportive network of professionals and skilled colleagues who are committed to improving the wellbeing of our most vulnerable citizens.
In Southwark we follow a strength based approach to our practice. You will be working collaboratively with our citizens, their families, allied professionals and our partner agencies to help build upon their strengths and enablers, whilst supporting them to overcome any barriers they may be face.
We are a cohesive workforce with senior level visibility and close support networks dedicated to your personal development.
We offer a comprehensive training program that can be tailored to your individual learning needs. We will also support you by offering reflective supervision, mentorship, manageable caseloads and administrative support.
We are the largest local authority social landlord in London, managing 55,000 homes lived in by 40% of Southwark’s residents. We are home to over 18,300 businesses including iconic London venues and social enterprises and we have a young, diverse, and growing population.
At Southwark we are committed to making our borough just and fair and are taking positive action to tackle inequalities. Our residents and communities are our greatest asset and the passion we have for Southwark is shared by millions of Londoners who enjoy our outstanding cultural offer, use our hospitals and attend our universities. Our refreshed borough plan and focus on Southwark Stands Together, (which is our work with Southwark’s communities and the council’s staff to tackle racism, injustice and inequality) underpins all that we do.
You will have:
- Experience of working with people with disabilities and/or mental illness.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and a strong understanding of the application of Care Act, Mental Capacity Act and Adults Safeguarding.
- Up to date knowledge of changes in legislation and developments within social work. Ability to advance human rights and promote social justice and economic wellbeing through social work practice. To contribute to the development of services and organisations.
- High quality written and verbal skills, with an ability to collate and analyse complex information, and produce clear, good quality data.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team and with multiple agencies to facilities holistic assessments and working collaboratively to support people to achieve their goals and maximise independence.
To apply for this social worker role you can submit your CV directly here Our social work job offer – Southwark Council.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to inclusion, we offer guaranteed interviews for specific groups of people. To qualify, you will need to meet the minimum requirements for the role, and identify with one of the below criteria
- a member of the armed forces/veterans
- a looked after person, or have previously been in care
- consider yourself disabled or have a long-term health condition.
Closing date: Rolling advert
Interviews: Take place on the first week of every month
Share this vacancy
Salary: £42,855 - £50,088
Work Hours: Full-time
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Queens Road SE15 2HP
Date Posted: 28/09/2022
Closing Date: 31/03/2025
Connect with us
You can use the contact form below for any questions- please mention the service you are interested in so we can direct your enquiry to the relevant team.